CARFAC BC fees include membership in CARFAC National as well as in provincial and local organizations where they exist. Your membership fees allow CARFAC to advocate for artists’ rights and fair compensation. In addition, members also receive a number of growing benefits:
CARFAC BC BENEFITS
- Advocacy and advisory consultations with our staff
- Professional development workshops, panel discussions and seminars
- Free access to CARFAC Advisory Notes
- Listing on our member profiles
- Visual Arts Voice Newsletter
- Promotion of your shows, events and online profiles through our E-News and online
- CARFAC BC E-News: semi-monthly extensive listings of exhibition, commission and residency opportunities that pay artist fees or that do not require an entry fee
- A “Members Only” section on our website with in-depth resources relating to the business of art
- A detailed list of galleries that pay artist fees through the BC Gallery Survey
- Invitation to our Annual General Meeting including learning and networking sessions
- Minimum Exhibition and Reproduction Fee Schedule
- Discount on the Certificates of Canadian Origin for shipping art abroad
- Discounts at local businesses and art services:
- Student rate at the Vancouver Art Gallery. Show your membership card at the Admissions Desk.
- 20% discount off admission at the Art Gallery of Greater Victoria when you show your membership card at the desk.
- A $20 annual subscription to GEIST. Sign up at the bottom of the page here.
- A one-year subscription to Canadian Art for $18 (50% off the regular newsstand price). Please contact email@example.com for access.
- A 10% discount off art supplies in-store at Iron Oxide Art Supplies in Nanaimo when you show your membership card.
- 15% off all in-house production services (with the exception of the purchase of film and out-of-house finishing services) at The Lab in Vancouver. Just show your CARFAC BC membership card!
- A 15% discount on framing from Chernoff Fine Art in Vancouver if you present your membership card at checkout.
- A $50 driving credit from Modo. Carsharing with Modo offers all the benefits of owning a car – and a truck, and a van, and a convertible – with none of the hassle. Rent by the hour or the day, for as little as $4/hour or $40/day. Gas, parking, insurance, repairs, local bridge tolls, cleaning – it’s all included. Get started at www.modo.coop. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about how you can receive this discount.
- 15% off custom framing materials from Picture Perfect in Kelowna if you show your membership card.
- 20% discount at SpeeDee Office Experts Ltd. in Prince George, Smithers, Terrace, and Fort St. John. They carry art and office supplies, and they do commercial printing! Show your membership card at checkout to receive your discount.
- 10% discount on supplies at Island Blue Art Store in Victoria. Just show your membership card at checkout.
- A 15% discount on studio insurance from ASSURART. Call 1 855 382-6677 or visit assurart.scassurance.com for more information.
CARFAC NATIONAL BENEFITS
- Free admission to National Gallery in Ottawa
- Members can get Certificates of Canadian Origin at a reduced rate (this avoids paying GST on art returning from shows outside Canada)
- Members can get International Artists’ Association* cards for reduced admission to some European galleries.
- Discount on CARFAC publications
- Membership in CARFAC Copyright Collective with no fee for license negotiation
- A unified voice and a say in shaping cultural policy