CARFAC BC Membership & Programs Coordinator
- Act under supervision of the Board of Directors.
- Provide direction of membership coordination and communication within established guidelines.
- Establish and maintain familiarity with CARFAC history, policies, guidelines, and bylaws.
- Maintain office records, files, and equipment at Vancouver office.
- Prioritize, organize and undertake multiple tasks. Inform employers when demands become unrealistic. Be willing to ask for help and oversee volunteers to complete tasks.
- Ability to work in a self‐directed manner and collaboratively with others.
- Attend to other CARFAC business as required, and any other duties that may be assigned.
- Process membership applications and maintain Salesforce database
- Provide administrative support for workshops for artists including room bookings, registering participants and surveying attendees after the course
- Coordinate regular membership communications, including membership drives, CARFAC information sessions, semi‐monthly e‐bulletins and social media.
- Answer routine inquiries from the membership and the public, referring to the Board as required
- Update and maintain website and social media (Facebook, Twitter and Instagram)
- Upkeep and update membership marketing tools and strategies
- Assist in the coordination and publicity of events and workshops across BC
- Provide excellent customer service with the ability to address membership issues with tact
- Attend Board meetings when required
- Implement new office procedures when needed
- Help with special projects as needed
- Arts or Non‐Profit Management diploma with at least one year of related office experience
- Aptitude for learning new technology; experience using social media/marketing tools.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proficient with content management systems (WordPress experience preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills over the phone, in writing and in person
- A self‐starter, able to work without constant supervision
- A strong interest in the visual arts sector
Position Type: Part‐time. Individual devotes an average of 8 hours per week depending on workload and funding. Hours of operation are flexible and negotiable for the right candidate. (Vancouver, BC)
Hourly Rate: $15.00 with 4% vacation pay
To apply, please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with "CARFAC BC Coordinator Application" as the subject line by Monday, March 5, 2018.