CARFAC BC Membership and Programs Coordinator – Vancouver office
Deadline: January 02, 2017 by 5:00pm
CARFAC BC is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the socio-economic status of visual artists in BC and across Canada with our National Office and provincial affiliates. The Membership and Programs Coordinator will provide administrative support from our office in downtown Vancouver.
- Act under supervision of the Board of Directors.
- Provide direction of membership coordination and communication within established guidelines.
- Establish and maintain familiarity with CARFAC history, policies, guidelines, and bylaws.
- Maintain office records, files, and equipment.
- Ensure BC’s desk is open to the public on a regular basis.
- Prioritize, organize and undertake multiple tasks. Inform employers when demands become unrealistic. Be willing to ask for help and oversee volunteers to complete tasks.
- Ability to work in a self-directed manner and collaboratively with others.
- Attend to other CARFAC business as required, and any other duties that may be assigned.
Membership and Programs Coordinator Responsibilities
- Process membership applications and maintain Salesforce database
- Assist with editorial duties for the bi-annual Visual Arts Voice journal
- Provide administrative support for workshops for artists including room bookings, registering participants and surveying attendees after the course
- Coordinate regular membership communications, including membership drives, CARFAC information sessions, bi-weekly e-bulletins and social media.
- Answer routine inquiries from the membership and the public, referring to the Board as required
- Update and maintain website and all social media platforms
- Upkeep and update membership marketing tools and strategies
- Assist in the coordination and publicity of events and workshops across BC
- Provide excellent customer service with the ability to address membership issues with tact
- Attend meetings when required
- Implement new office procedures when needed
- Arts or Non-Profit Management diploma with at least one year of related office experience, or similar administrative experience with a passion for the arts.
- Aptitude for learning new technology; experience using social media /marketing tools.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Acrobat and ability to use a MAC computer
- Proficient with content management systems (WordPress experience preferred) with an ability to troubleshoot technical problems when required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills over the phone, in writing and in person
- A self starter, able to take initiative and work without constant supervision
- A strong interest in the visual arts sector
Part-time. Individual devotes an average of 10 hours per week depending on workload and funding. Hours of operation are flexible and negotiable for the right candidate.
15.00$ with 4% vacation pay
February 1, 2017
How to Apply
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and cover letter with "Membership and Program Coordinator" in the subject line by January 2th, 2017 at 5pm.
For more information on our organization, please visit: www.carfacbc.org. Thank you for your interest in CARFAC BC. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.